- when: Tuesday-Thursday, September 9, 10, and 11, 7.30 PM
- where: Brooklyn Academy of Music, Brooklyn, NY
A particularly exciting show on the “Nonesuch Records at BAM” festival: Steve Reich and Philip Glass on stage together, for the first time in who knows how long! I’ll be joining Steve, Philip, and one Nico Muhly for one of my favorite pieces, Four Organs.
- when: Friday-Saturday, September 19-20, 8.00 PM
- where: United Palace, 4140 Broadway at 175th St., New York, NY
The Wordless Music series presents Paul Thomas Anderson’s wonderful film There Will Be Blood accompanied by Jonny Greenwood’s live orchestral soundtrack.
- when: Sunday, October 26, 8.30 PM
- where: Constellation, 3111 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL
The music of Joseph Byrd with ACME in Chicago.
- when: Monday, November 17, 7.30 PM
- where: SubCulture, 45 Bleecker St., New York, NY
John Adams curates a concert on the New York Philharmonic’s new-music series “Contact”, including Early to Rise.
- when: Friday & Saturday, December 5-6, 7.30 PM
- where: Brooklyn Academy of Music, 30 Lafayette Ave., Brooklyn, NY
The complete piano études of Philip Glass. I’m joining a bunch of great pianists on these marathon concerts, including Jenny Lin, Tania León, Nico Muhly, and Mr. Glass himself.
- when: Thursday, January 8, 7.30 PM
- where: Memorial Hall, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Very excited to be joining the North Carolina Symphony for Old Keys and Rhapsody in Blue. The charming Edwin Outwater conducts.
- when: Friday & Saturday, January 9-10, 8.00 PM
- where: Meymandi Concert Hall, Raleigh, NC
Two additional dates with the North Carolina Symphony, playing Old Keys and Rhapsody in Blue. The charming Edwin Outwater conducts.
- when: Sunday, January 11, 8.00 PM
- where: Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C.
Solo concert at the lovely Phillips Collection.
- when: Friday, February 6, 8.00 PM
- where: Lafayette College, Williams Center for the Arts, Easton, PA
Orpheus Chamber Orchestra premières a brand new piece I wrote (read: am writing) for them.
- when: Saturday, February 7, 7.00 PM
- where: Carnegie Hall, Stern Auditorium,, New York, NY
The New York première of my new piece for Orpheus Chamber Orchestra.
- when: Monday, March 2, 7.30 PM
- where: Davies Symphony Hall, San Francisco, CA
The Philip Glass études train stops at San Francisco Performances, with performances by Maki Namekawa, Philip Glass, and me.
- when: Saturday & Sunday, March 21-22, 7.30 PM
- where: Troy Savings Bank Hall, Troy, NY
Sleeping Giant team up with Albany Symphony (the first of several forthcoming collaborations) to compositionally re-interpret Mozart’s unfinished Requiem.
- when: Sunday, April 26
- where: National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
Concert with fellow pianist David Kaplan, featuring some Brahms, some Shy and Mighty, and a new cycle David’s commissioned from a wide range of composers to accompany & interpolate Schumann’s Davidsbündlertänze.
- when: Wednesday, April 29
- where: The Barbican, London, UK
Back at the Barbican with the Philip Glass études tour.
- when: Monday, May 4
- where: National Concert Hall, Dublin, Ireland
The Philip Glass études tour stops in Dublin.
- when: Friday, May 15, 7.30 PM
- where: EMPAC, Troy, NY
- when: Tuesday, June 9, 6.00 PM
- where: Miller Theater, New York, NY
Concert with a bunch of my chamber music with my wonderful ACME friends.
- when: Saturday, June 27, 7.30 PM
- where: Seattle Town Hall, Seattle, WA
The première of a new work for string ensemble commissioned by Town Music.